Tuesday 3 January 2017

200+ Birds in 2017

I have given myself the goal of seeing over 200 different species of bird in Scotland during 2017.  This blog is about how I reach that goal.

This will be the first time I have done a years count of birds I have seen.  I do however record birds on BirdTrack  BirdTrack is organised by the British Trust for Ornithology.  Records logged into BirdTrack are used by them in there monitoring programmes. Please follow the link.  If you are a bird watcher, no matter how casual sign in to BirdTrack and make your observation available to science.

In 2016 I logged 160 different species onto BirdTrack so reaching a figure of 200 this year shouldn't take too much effort.
                                               Blue Tit Loch of Strathbeg 1/1/2017

No comments:

Post a Comment