Thursday 5 January 2017

5th January Rosehearty

Yesterday I put a post on Facebook saying that I was doing the 200+ challenge and writing this Blog.  I said anyone who could assist by pointing me in the direction of difficult to see/find birds.  Almost by return I got a message from Alex telling me about some Twite in Rosehearty.  As I was going into Fraserburgh anyway a extra few mile to Rosehearty was neither here nor there.  And there they were just where Alex has said they would be.

Two Twite reflected (so that's four Twite!) 
I spent about an hour walking round the village harbour.  The tide was out so birds were scattered and generaly a long way off.  However I managed to add several more birds to the list.
 Grey Heron



I have been thinking about the list and what to put in it and what should be left out.  Comments from anyone with any thoughts on this please put in your two bits.  Are hybrids allowed?  I often see Carrion/Hooded Crow hybrids.  Does it count If I hear but do not see a bird?  I have often heard Quail but I have never seen one.  If a really rare bird turns up can I count it before it is acepted by the appropriate rarity committee?   Under what circumstances can escaped birds be counted?  What other do's and don'ts are there?  I have done a quick trawl through the www but so far have not found anything useful.

Total on list 65

No comments:

Post a Comment