Wednesday 4 January 2017

4th January Pitfour Lake

This morning I had to go to Mintlaw to get some food for the garden birds.  Pitfour Lake is just outside the village.  It is a great place for wildlife.  The owner had opened it for walkers as well as developing the fishery.  Along with a lot of fisheries in Scotland Pitfour attracts Ospreys in the summer but I was there to catch up on common birds I had yet to log in 2017.  It was cold and windy small birds were hiding.  So I dipped on a Dipper and didn't see the Grey Wagtail that is usually round. I was however able to add another 5 birds to the list.
Tufted Duck

A few dog walkers ere out in the weather and a few keep fit walkers no doubt sticking to their New Years Resolution.  Two fishermen were eyeing the weather and deciding to tidy up the hut rather than stand around in the cold.  Unlike Sunday and Monday there were no other birders or photographers to be seen.

So no one to talk to and not many birds to spot so I took some photos of what was there and got some exercise.

Mute Swan

Just a view

Mute Swan - Take Off

Grey Heron posing on a mock ruin

Female Long-tailed Duck

Total on List 59
 

No comments:

Post a Comment