Monday 9 January 2017

9th January 2017 Cairnbulg Harbour

A quick trip to Cairnbulg Harbour this afternoon. One of my favourite spots probably because it is the nearest sea to where I live, about 3 miles away, and the nearest shop.

I caught up with two of my favotite birds for the first time this year - Corn Bunting and Purple Sandpiper.  Why are they favourites?  Well I have to say that although not rare they do take some effort to find.  I also empathise with them.  Like me both are on the portly side and like me there singing leaves a lot to be desired.

Corn Bunting
 Purple Sandpiper
  

The main cause of great panic and excitement among the waders at the harbour was not me wandering round the foreshore with my camera but a Sparrowhawk looking for a meal.

Sparrowhawk

There were a couple of other 'good' birds at the harbour.  I saw a Red-throated Diver but missed the Sandwich Tern that was found my my birding mate John.

Total on list 80

1 comment: