Friday 6 January 2017

6th January 2017 Three Trips

I did three trips out today.
The first was one of my regular walks.  When it gets lighter in the mornings I will do one of these walks before breakfast.  Today it was a mid morning walk, down the single track road past Tullikera Farm to the A90 and back home via the old railway line.  Later in the year I will encounter lots of wildlife.  Today there was very little.  Three birds to add to the list though!  One giving rise to the 'do I count it or not'  problem, a Feral Pigeon.  I am counting it.

The second trip was my first of the year to Cairnbulg Harbour.  I combine this with getting the paper from the village shop.  It is a great place for sea and shore birds and today did not disappoint.  No new birds for the list but that doesn't matter, I got some good pictures.

Sanderling coming into land (with a Bar-tailed Godwit)
  
Two Bar-tailed Godwits with Sanderling

Grey Plover

Curlew
The third trip was combined with a visit to the Fraserburgh shops.  I took a short spin round the harbour.  There were no white winged Gulls that I could see but I was able to add Shag to the year list and get some close ups of some of the residents.

Herring Gull

Turnstone

Herring Gull
Total on list 69

No comments:

Post a Comment