Wednesday 27 September 2017

August Sea Watching

I have snatched the odd half hour to gaze out to sea through my telescope.  Other bird watchers in the area were seeing all sorts of birds that I could add to my list, some of them would be 'lifers' for me.   Shearwaters, Skuas and Petrels were the targets.  Any of the Shearwaters and any of the Petrels would have been additions to the list as it was I have only been able to add Pomarine Skua
Pomarine Skua 15/8/2017
 There were quite a few other sea birds passing across the 'scopes lens.  I was able to capture some of them through the camera lens as well.


Fulmar

Gannets


Great Skua



Great Black-backed Gull







Gannet Fishing
There was even the occasional Grey Heron.....

Grey Heron
 ....and quite frequently a fishing boat

FR249 'Grateful', a new addition to the fleet
 
 Total on list 201

No comments:

Post a Comment